365 Ways to Start Over, board development, executive coaching, getting unstuck, life coaching, life transformation, making changes, Mary Lee Gannon, moving on, Pittsburgh, reboot your life, starting over, starting over now, sustainable change, work life balance
365 Ways to Start Over: Day #30 – Seven Questions to “Reboot Your Life”
Find a few quiet moments and sit down with a fresh piece of paper and a pencil. The answers you are about to generate are so revealing you won’t want to scribble them on scrap paper or pencil them in between other notes you are taking. Make sure there are no distractions around you visual or auditory – just pleasant inspirational things to look at or listen to. The answers to these questions may have many parts so have extra paper near by.
Reboot Your Life Questions:
1. Now what is the one wildly out of reach aspiration you would do if you knew you could not fail?
2. What do you keep telling yourself is the reason you can’t do that?
3. What are you doing instead?
4. What has this mindset and the behaviors associated with it cost you?
5. How would the results be different if you reached your aspiration?
6. What would you be doing differently in this fulfilled state?
7. When you are in this totally rewarded and satisfied place where everything in your life is in unison and energy flows effortlessly through you as you live your life purpose every day – what empowering thought is going through your mind?
The secret to Rebooting Your Life” is simple. Replace #2 with #7. Here’s how you are going to do that.
Reboot Your Life Plan:
1. Write the statement from #7 in bright colorful letters on index cards or paper (I call these – Reboot Reminders) and tape them everywhere you spend time: the rim of your computer screen, bathroom mirror, refrigerator, dresser mirror, desk, in your car.
2. When the limiting head trash of #2 comes flooding back into your mind, erase it and replace it with #7. Go to tone of the Reboot Reminders that you posted and write down something differently you have done to reboot your head trash toward life purpose and date it. These dates and notes will remind you that you CAN make change – sustainable change. You already have! Start now!
Receive these 365 Ways to Start Over updates when they are released by clicking the “Sign me up!” button on the right of this page. Or subscibe to the RSS Feed on the “Posts” button on the top right of this page.
Mary Lee Gannon is the president of Gannon Group – an executive coaching and consulting firm that produces higher individual and organizational performance through Executive Leadership Coaching, Fundraising Coaching, Organizational Development, Board Retreats, Visioning, and Planning. Mary Lee’s personal turnaround came as a stay-at-home mother, with four children under seven-years-old, who endured a divorce that took she and the children from the country club life to public assistance from where within a short time she worked up to the level of CEO. Her book “Starting Over – 25 Rules for When You’ve Bottomed Out” is available in bookstores or at Amazon. Get her FREE ebook – “Grow Productivity – A Leader’s Toolbox” on her web site at www.StartingOverNow.com.